Have trouble in importing MXF to Avid Media Composer? Want to convert Avid MXF to MOV? Here we will introduce a powerful Avid MXF Converter and a step by step guide on how to transcode MXF footage to MOV format for Avid Media Composer or other programs and devices. Though Avid claims that Media Composer supports MXF importing, sometimes, Avid MC users encounter problems like the following:
- We received .MXF video files and are unable to bring them in via import. We’re on Avid 5.5 (mac).
- Can’t add MXF files without bin to Avid MC. These MXF files are captures on a different system and sent to me without bin.
- Tried import MXF and MC gave me an error saying that that was the wrong way to import media.
- I need help in merging Avid consolidated .mxf files into a .mov file for another user without an Avid system.
- Tried to import MXF files to Premiere 5.5 but to no avail. The error says: The file has an unsupported compression type.
If you have problems when adding MXF to Avid MC, you can learn more information from this guide.
How to convert MXF to Avid MOV?
Avid wants MXF to have seperate files for audio and video while some MXF formats combine them and require conversion. So the best way to solve MXF Avid issue is to convert MXF to MOV format which if fully supported by Avid MC.
Step 2: Once you run the Avid MXF Converter , click “add file” button to load the MXF files. Then select MOV-QuickTime profile and output folder for Destination.
Step 3: Click Convert button to start the Avid MXF MOV conversion.
Besides transcoding MXF to Avid MC supported format, this powerful Avid MXF Converter also can help you convert Avid MXF output video to other popular formats such as MOV, MP4, AVI for playback on any media device. Find more features of UFUWare Video Converter for Mac