So as to as have smooth work with the Sony A7S XAVC S footage. In this article, I will list specifics about a workflow of XAVC S codec through Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, Premiere Pro CS6 and Premiere Pro CC.
Q:”Premiere Pro CS5/CS6/CC Support for Sony’s XAVC S (not XAVC)???
I’ve seen this asked in various places however nobody from Adobe has addressed the issue. Sony’s had a couple of really great 4k camera’s available for some time now however if there’s not going to be support for the codec there’s really no point to buying one. I really want to start adjusting my workflow to support 4K but I can’t really begin to do that without knowing if or when Adobe will support XAVC S. And i just got the Sony A7S and use Premiere Pro CC. Could someone tell us if there are plans to support Sony’s XACV S codec in Premiere Pro CC ”
Answer: As far as I know Adobe can’t support XAVC 4K & HD. To get rid of the issues, you will need to transcode Sony XAVC S from Sony A7S to a more “edit” friendly codec for Adobe Premiere Pro like MPEG-2. In this case, a great XAVC S Converter for Mac becomes a must.
Here i recommend yo UFUWare HD Converter for Mac, which can convert XAVC S files from Sony A7S to Mac Premiere Pro fully compatible format and keep original quality at the mean while. It works as the best Sony XAVC S converter under OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8) , Mavericks(10.9) and Yosemite(10.10).
Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9,10.10;
If you’re using a Windows, please turn to its equivalent Windows version –XAVC S Converter, which can help you solve the XAVC S incompatibility issues on Windows 7/8/10/Vista.
Following introduces a simple and reliable method to transcode A7S 4K XAVC S footage to H.264 MOV/MPEG MPG/WMV for use in Premiere Pro CS5, Premiere Pro CS6 and Premiere Pro CC by Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac.
Convert/Import Sony a7S XAVC S files to Premiere Pro files
1. Download, install and run the XAVC S to Premiere Pro Converter; click “Add Videos” icon to load your source XAVC S videos from Sony a7S.
2. Click “Format” pull down list to select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as the best video format for Premiere Pro. WMV, MOV formats are the good choice as well.
Tip – Profile Settings:
In case the default settings do not fit your requirement, you can click “Settings” button and enter “Profile Settings” panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels.
3. Click “Convert” button to start encoding Sony XAVC S video to MPG for importing to Premiere Pro CS6. When the conversion task is finished, click “Open” button to get the exported files and then import the converted Sony a7S files into Adobe Premiere Pro to do further editing.
1. This XAVC S Video Converter Mac can also help you to transcode Sony XAVC, XAVC S to FCP, iMovie, FCE, Avid Media Composer with the optimal presets ProRes, Apple InterMediate Codec, DNxHD. Just select a proper format in the 2nd step.
2. UFUWare HD Converter for Mac is an all-in-one video converter, player and editor. Besides XAVC, XAVC S videos, it also supports converting AVCHD .MTS,(GoPro)MP4, (Canon/Nikon) MOV, (P2)MXF camcorder videos as well as all the common videos including AVI, WMV, FLV, VOB, TiVo, MPG, etc. If you shot standard AVCHD or MP4 videos with Sony a7S and meet some incompatible issues while importing and editing, this video app can also help you out.
3. AVCHD video codec versus new Sony XAVC S codec
AVCHD codec is not good for any size sensor. From this point out, Sony will be using XAVC S codec even in these higher end consumer-class models, with XAVC S codec being many, many times superior in all aspects to the old, notorious, universally disliked AVCHD. Sony will release more cameras that will use the XAVC S codec, not AVCHD. For video, that will be the one to get in my view.